Friday, November 30, 2012

Bitch Face

Short poems can only do so much,
can only say so much.

I am traditional in the sense that I think poems
should be short
and stay in short phrases.

But it seems that I need to shake that opinion off.
Instead I should allow creativity to wake up-

It's held under guard and lock and key.
For with creativity comes the emotions I've hidden from all.

Emotions that harbor sadness and loneliness and fear and sorrow.
All locked far away in the deepest part of myself.

These emotions cause disturbances-
the brain is forgetting things and the mind is wandering into
thoughts full of quick sand.

It is like I am standing at the edge of a sink hole
and I can't move as I'm being pulled into the netherworld.

Am I supposed to feel like this?
When I am achieving my goals and dreams.

I feel empty- I blame the hallmark channel
with all their little movies about how people shouldn't be alone.


How do I stop being alone?
When I don my bitch face without realizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment