Saturday, December 14, 2013

Carried

This morning lost among dreams I over slept
Forgot I had to do morning chores.
Rushing to leave I yelled at you.
You stopped me in my tracks, saying
"They're taken care of."

I felt something within me change
It unfurled, testing the waters-
did he really just say what I think he said?
I must be dreaming.

True love is getting up early
caring for three large beasts
she loves them too much to let them go
you love them too even though they scare you.

All so that your girl could sleep in for a day.
You doing that is something so foreign to her
that she just stares
while you smile and say I love you.

I do not know how to respond to such a gesture
Been alone for so long
Had to carry so much responsibility
That having you carry it for me, scares me.


No comments:

Post a Comment