Saturday, December 14, 2013

He's my kind of man

Without a word he showed up and brought me
what I've been wanting- warm food and a hug.
I didn't have to ask or tell him I needed him
to take care of me because he already knew.

That is what I love about him.
He isn't perfect but he knows
when I need a helping hand or two
and when I need to figure it out myself.

He's always there to catch me as I fall
or to provide a mattress so I land softly.
I know he loves me by the way he smiles
and holds me close when I want to run.

If you love something let it go and if it comes back
it will always be yours but if it doesn't then it was
never yours to begin with. Thankfully he ignored
that quote by someone unimportant.

I am his and he is mine.
He stuck by me through all my games
and tests and trials and temper tantrums.
He loves me for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment