Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Human


(narrative poem for class 2/7/12- mine)

I watch her walking towards me with another.
I’ve been replaced!
How could she?

After all we’ve been through!
I am the shoulder she leans on when her cheeks
are damp with tears.
I’ve fought so hard to hold on
When she talked about us parting.

We are a team.
I am her support during the darkest times.
There must be a mistake.

Her voice!
I hear her lyrical voice as she whispers to that
Other one.

Am I being replaced?
That other one is not better than me!
I cannot believe this.

I’ve been with her through life’s changes.
I eased her anger and frustration.
When everything else disappears on her
I always stand beside her.

She’s told me that I am her only happiness;
That I remind her that the world is good.

We are a team,
Her and I.

She trusts me to take care of her;
I am the one that keeps her from falling

That three year old can’t possibly care for her
 As I do.

How dare she replace me with some one younger!
I turn and kick that other horse.
Hard.
There is a hierarchy to be followed.
She is my human!

Her voice chides me as I nuzzle her elbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment