Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine

You have an itchy spot on your shoulder
that you keep wanting me to scratch.
I chide you and you give me that look
that says I'm being a silly human.

You are everything I dreamed of when I was younger.

A southern belle with perfect poise;
except when you trip over nothing
or swallow water too fast and then it comes out your nose
You always look shocked when laugh at you.

You don't mind that I dress you in three layers 
when I'm sure you'd rather roll in the mud
until every inch of you is covered with it.

Even when you're the only one in the barn
you fall asleep as I pamper you.
When most other horses would flip out.

Other people say you're easy going
but I know the truth;
you are calm because you know how much I love you.
In return you take care of me,
unless I insult your pride-
then I end up on the ground wondering what happened.

I cuddle with you before I get into the saddle.
You give me your mule look if I don't cuddle long enough.
In truth you won me over the first time
you shoved your forehead into my chest
and let me rest my chin on your poll.

Love isn't a thing only found between two humans.
It is every where and you remind me that

you love me
as much as 
I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment