Sunday, February 12, 2012

Only In My Dreams

You-
as in the proverbial "you"
that everyone talks about,
dreams about and wishes was real.
Not the actual I met you but a-
I met you in a dream I once had.

Or maybe it's a dream that I keep having
 whenever I close my eyes.

You, as in I dream of you because
I've never met you but I wish that I had;
instead I only know you because
I dream about who you might be
because all I have is a dream;
 a lingering sense of you.

I write about you because I want you to be real.
Not I can see you when I close my eyes
kind of real-
but I can see your smile with my own two eyes
and I can feel your heartbeat against my cheek
as you hold me in your arms
kind of real.

I'm tired of the theories and the fairy tale stories
that tell me you'll come for me one day.

When honestly-
I don't believe that opinion for one second;
because how could you ever come for me
when you don't exist.

How could you exist
when I've never met you in this physical world.
You are too good to exist
as in you are too perfect to walk this earth.
Therefore you can't be real because
if you were real then you wouldn't be you.

So you see you can't exist
because by existing you don't exist.

I believe in the idea of
being held in your arms;
by being loved wholly by you.
But I believe that you will never materialize because
you are of my dreams.

 A man- a perfect man- that won't ever be a reality.

You as in you are my soul-mate I dream of;
wish for with every breath within me-
but I wish knowing that
my wish will never have any weight to it.

Therefore I will only ever meet you in my dreams
because in my dreams is the only place we can be together.



No comments:

Post a Comment